Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Devastation.*

*yung.geezy's note: I may or may not be drunk right now. I'm just saying.


Two.
Two, albeit small, can be a significant number.
Two Seconds.
As in, Oregon was two seconds away from still being a contender for the national title.
Or perhaps we were two words away:
Cam Newton.
Auburn Tigers.
War Eagle.
Gene Chizik.
Toomers Corner.
Typing each of those phrases hurt. Actually, come to think of it, my heart hurts.
Now, unless you've spent the last month in your life living under a rock, you're probably aware that the college football season just concluded with Auburn defeating Oregon 22-19 in the Tostitos BCS championship game. Just trying to conceptualize that this actually happened is devastating, even nauseating. It just plain doesn't make sense. Sure, I watched the game, that doesn't make this any easier to process, though.
Now, don't get me wrong. I've had incredible timing with regard to when I transferred to THE University of Oregon (suck a dick, Buckeyes). My first two football seasons in Eugene, we've made it to the Rose Bowl and the Natty. You could even say that the Ducks' shit don't sink (it'd be true). And despite the fact that we've copped Ls in our two most recent bowl games, I have immense pride in my school and supporting this team.
See you motherfuckers next year, with the Pac-10 wrecking shop in the preseason polls.
Ducks fly together (word to Gordon Bombay).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jam said...

sorry for the loss. my inner dawg is holding back its gnashing desire to rip into the ducks with all of my might, but there is another time and place for that. i hope you get some consolation pussy.

let's just hope the HAWKS can pull it off this weekend.

January 12, 2011 at 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home