Sunday, December 12, 2010

AOTW: Tom Brady

I'm a QB first and a model second.

Disclaimer!
These are the views of Nappy and Nappy only. Other contributers may not and probably don't agree with what I'm about to say.


<
Tom Brady is my favorite NFL QB and I'd go as far to say that he's the best QB in the league right now. YES I'm including Vick, Manning and that Crybaby Rivers. Vick has had a couple good games, some against good teams others against terrible teams and Sure mike Vick has a good comp/att ratings but he's got the ability to run that opens up his passing game, Brady's numbers are due to the fact that he's an accurate passer. Manning is good but he can only do so much now that his receiving corp is getting taken out every other week. And Crybaby Rivers? He's putting up huge numbers but he's not a team leader like Brady. He's got the perfect combo of skills, leadership skills and hair. TB12 has had a slow start to his season but since week 8 weeks he's thrown about 17 TD's with a big fat goose egg for INTs. Not only are his numbers impressive but watching the guy manage the game and make passes is a thing of beauty.
I know what you guys are all thinking; Why would I have such a huge man crush on some Patriots player, the NFL equivalent of the MLB? Well it all started in 2007 before I even started watching sports on a regular basis. If you don't recall this was the year that Tom Brady through 50+ TD's and went 16-0 in the regular season to only lose to Peyton Manning Jr. I'd never really cared for sports but watching Brady run the QB position was exciting and fun to watch. And in this short time that I’ve been a sports fan I've been a witness to many great sports tragedies like watching knees blow out in both professional and amateur sports (Every Blazer big man, and Dennis Dixon) to seeing the Seattle lose their beloved Super Sonics. To highs like watching the Duck's journey to the Rose Bowl last year and This year's perfect 11-0 run that has rewarded them with their first NCS, has been to say the least been awesome. And for this I would like to thank Tom Brady, one of my sports heroes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home