Tuesday, November 30, 2010

AOTW: Blackbird Blackbird and Star Slinger

So I'm a little late with this weeks AOTW, but there is good reason for that. As I mentioned in my previous post I had an interview in Seattle, The good news is that I got the job. The bad news is that I've had almost no time to write anything because I've had a pretty hectic week due to Thanksgiving and moving. But I've finally gotten myself settled in and now I present to you not one, but two artists for my AOTW to make up for it! I'm also because neither of these artists have released any substantial amount of work that warrants them a full post, so I’ve combined them because I think that they're work is worth checking out.

Blackbird Blackbird was created by Mikey Sanders and can be described as down-tempo electro-pop. Sanders uses a lot reverbed vocals to create dreamy sound scapes that have a chilled out vibe making his music perfect to relax or study too. His sound is very similar to Toro Y Moi, so if that’s your cup of tea I would say that Blackbird Blackbird

Star Slinger on the other hand has an upbeat sample driven production with just a hint of hip-hop flavor from a dude out of the UK named Darren Williams.

I'd give you guys more information on these guys but they're still fairly new (both of their blogs say that the bands both started around April 2010) so I've found very minimal amounts of information and the stuff that I have found sounds like a bunch of hyperbole so if you wanna read it your self here are the links to their blogs/additional info's. Star Slinger. Blackbird Blackbird. The little I do know about them is that they're awesome and have started to collaborate together along with Emay who is also another producer/rapper worth checking out. Hopefully these guys can stay relevant and have some longevity in the indie music scene which blows through fads and artists like KiD CuDi does a gram bag because both of these artists are highly skilled at creating highly textured music that is enjoyable to listen to because of all the nuances that you pick up as you listen and it would be a shame for them to fade into oblivion.


Track Listing

1) Letting Go - Blackbird Blackbird

2) Heartbeat - Blackbird Blackbird

3) Sunspray - Blackbird Blackbird

4) Pure - Blackbird Blackbird

5) Bumpkin - Star Slinger

6) Dutchie Courage - Star Slinger

7) Mornin - Star Slinger

8) Say Yeah - Wiz Khalifa (Star Slinger Remix)

Download it here

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home