Monday, November 29, 2010

Curren$y-Airborne Aquarium


I want to just start out by saying Kanye's new album came out last week and I could give two shits.  I am much more interested in Curren$y's latest ganja-jet-fueled project Pilot Talk II.  Pilot Talk I was a pretty solid album, and I feel like Ski and Curren$y's ability to play off of one another is quickly rising to a, dare I say it, Primo-GURU level.

I haven't had a chance to give Pilot Talk II a dedicated run-through, but from what I have heard until now, it fits the pattern of his recent releases well.  Curren$y is an emcee that consistently doles out smooth rhymes and, if you listen closely, some pretty creative wordplay.  He's Wiz Khalifa's more talented counterpart.  "Airborne Aquarium" is my current, preferred joint from Pilot Talk II, although that designation is always subject to change over time.


"Michael Knight" has an actual video, and a chorus that is clownin' as tits.  (Skidodododododo...)  There's also a "Michael Knight Remix" with Raekwon on the actual album, a Shaolin cherry on top.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nappy said...

Curren$y is pretty dope but putting him and Ski Beats on the same level as Guru and Primo is borderline blasphemy. I'd say that they're more like Mannie Fresh and (insert any Cash Money artist here)

December 7, 2010 at 5:32 PM  
Blogger Jam said...

Just to clarify, I didn't mean to compare what they've done to anything near as important as what Gangstarr did. I just wanted to compare their chemistry as DJ & MC to what Gangstarr had, because they're a perfect match just like GURU and Primo (no homo).

December 17, 2010 at 1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home