Monday, May 10, 2010

JOTW: Money Don't Matter 2night

This week I've been trying to find myself some source of summer skrilla, as my formerly stalwart painting gig looks to be yet another victim of the shitty economy. Stressing a great deal over this is not good for the soul, so I have sought solace in one of my favorite Prince cuts. I was born in the Twin Cities, and I can proudly say that my parents used to walk around late-night downtown MPLS, and frequently spotted a short black man clad in a shiny, lycra body suit with at least two much taller, busty, aryanesque white chickens in tow. That man was none other than the aforementioned Prince Rogers Nelson before he hit the big time following the release of Purple Rain (one of the greatest/most ridiculous movies of all time). Money Don't Matter 2night came later in his career, but it always helps me to remember: "Just when you think you've got more than enough, that's when it all up and flies away. That's when you find out that you're better off making sure your soul's alright. 'Cuz money didn't matter yesterday, and it sure don't matter tonight."

Preach Prince.

(Sidenote: This video is a certified Spike Lee joint)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger LaGreezy said...

bag:
you should probably start writing for a better blog than this. not that i don't love your work, but you're making me look bad.
no homo.

May 12, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home