Sunday, April 11, 2010

JOTW

Following the current trend of world music, I'm going to hit you with some dope shit that I encountered a few years ago. It's from a documentary called Genghis Blues about a blind blues singer, Paul Pena, that goes to Mongolia to compete in a Tuvan throat singing contest. If you haven't heard of Pena before, he wrote the song Big Old Jet Airliner which Steve Miller made famous. The Jam of the Week is actually a song he put out in 1973 from his album New Train, but I'll provide a link to some of his blues-throat singing work too so you can get a feel for it. I highly recommend the movie, it is one of my all time favorites.

Paul Pena-I'm Gonna Move



Here is a taste of his ill Tuvan shit.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home