Sunday, December 13, 2009

"Til the Casket Drops, the Greatness is Reborn."

I know, I know, the album dropped Tuesday, and I'm writing this Sunday night. Cut me some slack, I just wrapped up finals and a rather devastating weekend. So without further ado, still.grimey presents the Til the Casket Drops review:


Above: Push and Mal promote Til the Casket Drops via viral video.
Hit the jump for the review:
"Third time's a charm baby/ After two classics another stripe up on my arm baby."
After having listening to the album front to back on several occasions, I'd have to say that Pusha T, a/k/a Terrance Thorton, was prophetic on his first verse from the first single off the album ("Kinda Like a Big Deal" featuring Kayne). I know in a post previous to this, I doubted Push and Mal's ability to recreate the prestige that was their first two released studio efforts. I know that I said I hadn't been impressed with what I had initially heard as far as leaked tracks, but that's because they just weren't what I'd expected. Currently, there is no track that I would skip over while the cd was playing. There isn't even a track on the disc that I don't like.
If I had to compare the album to either Lord Willin' or Hell Hath No Fury, I'd say it's more comparable to the prior. With Lord Willin' the Brothers Thorton were still enjoying themselves boasting "club night's one of the reasons I love life," on "When's the Last Time?", and on Til The Casket Drops, the entire sound scape of the album rings of success and triumph. Which isn't to say that the Clipse isn't still on their street shit, and on it hard. Just that perhaps they are taking time to really appreciate the lives they have created for themselves. And while you can still tell it's a Clipse album, which of course, has been primarily produced by The Neptunes, their beat selection still remains new and refreshing.
And while I would highly recommend just listening to the album front to back, two tracks that haven't been leaked or released as videos that are worth paying extra attention to are as follows:

(Left Click for Download)
"There Was a Murder"
"Life Change"

Little Willy, Rat King, This one's for you.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home