Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Starbucks and NFL Week 13 Picks

I went to Starbucks this morning before class. I never go to Starbucks unless my girlfriend bribes me with a free coffee, or I have to meet some random person I met on Craigslist. I'm not talking about random ass hookers like the kind Tiger meets on Craigslist. I'm talking about shit like, "I dropped my phone in the toilet and let's just say I wasn't standing up when it happened and now I need to go to craigslist.com for a fucking replacement."

Essentially here are my only three reasons for ever going into a Starbucks:
1. I have a midterm/project/exam in class and I need to grab a coffee or tea (yeah I drink tea sometimes, deal with it).
2. My girlfriend tells me she'll buy me a coffee if I go inside with her.
3. I have to meet some random person that I met on Craigslist.

Anyway, so this morning I went into Starbucks for reason #1. I ordered a grande "Green Tips Tea," a bottle of Ethos water, and a strawberry and blueberry yogurt parfait. So the "barista" if you will, looks at my bounty and asks if I want a bag. I never use bags, but in this case, I thought yea maybe I should take one, I do have a lot of shit to carry with the yogurt and the water and the bagel and cream cheese I had already bought elsewhere. So I said, "yea man, I'll take a bag." Well, the "barista" then proceeds to hand me just about the most feminine bag I've ever seen. It was like a bag your Mom might give one of her girlfriends a Christmas present in, but miniature. It had all these red Christmas theme colors on it with really "cute" phrases on like, "Wish I may, wish I might," and "Shine." I looked at the "barista" and said, "Hell nah brother." What was he trying to do, make me look like an old woman who's friend just gave her an ornament to hang on the tree but was too lazy to buy wrapping paper so just gave it to me in this crappy bag? No thanks. Then, to make matters worse, the "barista" hands me my grande tea...except it's in a "venti" cup. Now I'm usually all for getting more than what you paid for, however I don't like these extra large cups on principle. They're just too tall and whenever I see someone who has one on the street I think of it as something like the Napoleon Complex. The grande just too small for you, gotta step it up to the "venti?"

The whole Starbucks scenario just turned me off. I think I'm going to have to cut out reasons #1 and #2 for visiting that place. From now on, I'm only going there if I need to meet some creep I met on Craigslist.

Let's move on to the NFL.

Last week, my first on Still Grimey, I went 8-8. Not too bad considering minus the juice you wouldn't have lost anything off of me. Consider it my practice week. Peep the picks, especially my new "Super Picks" portion which are the ones I really like. As per usual, the spread is from covers.com and the home teams are in caps.

BILLS +3 over Jets
Eagles -5.5 over FALCONS
BEARS -9.5 over Rams
BENGALS -13 over Lions
COLTS -6.5 over Titans
Broncos -4.5 over CHIEFS
Pats -6.5 over DOLPHINS
Raiders +14 over STEELERS
Saints -9.5 over SKINS
Bucs +6.5 over PANTHERS
Texans +1 over JAGUARS
Chargers -13 over BROWNS
GIANTS +1 over Cowboys
SEAHAWKS -1 over 49ers
Vikings -4 over CARDINALS
Ravens +3 over PACKERS

Super Picks:

Vikings -4 over CARDINALS
Texans +1 over JAGUARS
Chargers -13 over BROWNS

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home