Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Biggie Smalls is the Illest.

I still get depressed when I think about the waste of life that occurred during the mid-90's East vs. West rivalry, and I'm not talking All-Star weekend. We lost two of the greatest MCs that will ever go into the booth in Tupac Amaru Shakur and Christopher George Latore Wallce. To discuss one with out the other is almost impossible; it's crazy to me that for how intertwined they were in life, they were also bound to each other in death. Their rivalry was like nothing else pop culture had ever seen, and to be honest, I hope we never see it again. Although it seems that, based on interviews and their music, both knew that they had a very limited time on this earth, hip hop heads around the world, even far beyond my time, will continue to ask themselves about what could have been. They say that some questions are best left unanswered, I have a hard time believing this is one of them.
I could keep politicin' in the matter for quite some time, but I don't think you want to read that. I also don't want to take away focus from the Notorious B.I.G., a man whose death we observe today (March 9, 1997 was the day he passed), but whose life we should celebrate everyday. I feel comfortable saying that everybody at still.grimey will always love Big Poppa.
I just hope him and 'Pac have worked everything out in Thugz Mansion, and may the both rest in peace.



Hit the jump to hear Method Man speak on B.I.G., 'Pac, and the East v West beef.



Meth on Biggie and Pac from Gasface on Vimeo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home