Thursday, November 4, 2010

Nappy Headed Do.

No Don Imus.
I'm talking about my boy Napoleon Do, a.k.a. NDo b.k.a. Nappy s.k.a. Nappy Didn't.
Anyways, enough with the __k.a.'s, already. Nap is a good friend of mine; one of my best friends, you could say. We went to college together at the University of Oregon (where your boy is still currently attending, and yes, where the number one college football team in the nation is from. Get at us!), and well, you could say that he is my asian brother, or, I am his white brother; but Nap would then proceed to ask me "GDBric, why's it always gotta be about race?" (and I'd answer: "because, mother fucker, we live in America. And like it or not, our country is always going to be about race, barring something mindblowingly progressive happening," but that's another rant for another time).
I digress.
The reason I'm writing this is because Nap just got signed in free agency and put on the still.grimey roster. Last night, dude hit me with this idea for a blog series he has, so I naturally decided to capitalize on it and have him start running a (fingers crossed) weekly segment on this space of internets. The series will be, as far as I understand, of an "Artist of the Week" variety. I'm not going to go too much into it because a) it's pretty fucking straight forward, and b) it's Nap's thing, so he's gotta do the leg work and break it down to you cats.
And don't for a second doubt this man, his knowledge of music would put most of us to shame. Dude knows what's hot before it even hits the stove, if you smell what I'm saying.

Napoleon Do has arrived; and he's finna drop knowledge on that ass.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home