Monday, October 18, 2010

A Quick Thank You.

Before I get into my typical charade of writing some ego-maniacal bull once a quarter, I must give credit where credit is due. My dear friend, and [primary] still.grimey contributor JAM, or fuck it, let's just call him by his god given name: James Adam Mahady, has single handedly held this once shit stain of a blog above water for several months.
On top of that, the music he's been putting up, and the analysis to go along with it is enough to put you and your favorite blogger to shame. Don't think so? Well I suggest you pull your head out of your ass and go read something, anything, he wrote again.

(Go ahead, I'll wait for you...back? And I was right, right? Great, let's get back at it)

Now considering I would wager a good amount that several newspapers and magazines (yes, kids these things still exist...) would love to have him on their staff, because, you know, his prose would give most established writers a half mast at the bare minimum (I would include the ladies here, too, but let's be real, JAM tends to fair on the chauvanistic side of the equation, from time to time), I feel incredibly fortunate to be apart of this venture with him.

Oh and did I forget to mention he's doing this all while teaching English in Spain? Meanwhile I'm sticking to my routine of weekend of Friday benders, Saturday hangovers (with the privalege of going to school where the football team ranks #1 in the nation), and the other days in the library. Advantage: Mahady.


James Adam Mahady aka JAM: A Glorious Man

Hit the Jump to read a truly bromantic note:



So here is what I would like to say:
Dear Mahady-
Asking you to be a contributor for still.grimey has proved to be the best decision I've made in my internet life. Somehow, we've actually acquired some new followers, and I actually had somebody approach me the other night and tell me that they love following the blog and that I should puruse a career in Journalism. I then said "thank you but..." and proceeded to inform them that it was actually you they were reading.
Here's to you meeting some fine spanish woman, falling in love, reproducing, rinsing and repeating that cycle several times over the next year.
Much Love, No Homo
-yung.geezy
(Graham Bric)

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jam said...

GDBric,
thank you for this tribute. I am flattered. However, 3 things need to be cleared up:
1) I have more free time than I can ever remember having had in my life. I'm putting in a call regarding a possible internship tomorrow so that could change, but right now I only work 16 hours a week and I have almost 0 prep work hours, and thus no excuse for spending a little time keeping still.grimey fed.
2) I have to give credit where credit is due, and give a big fatty ups to Jeff Weiss's Passion of the Weiss for providing much of the inspiration for my posts.
3) I think you are just as good of a writer/half-ass journalist as I. One love to the Riptide crew.

Although living abroad is highly romanticized in our generation's culture, it does have its downsides. I am optimistic about my chances with Spanish women this time around, as I am not hanging out with other Americans getting belligerent every weekend. Nonetheless, I can't stay I don't wax nostalgic for those days sometimes. You can find out about the downsides, as well as the upsides on my new blog Channeling John Kimble (http://channelingjkimble.blogspot.com/, first post to be expected by early next week). I will not be neglecting still.grimey, it is just a way for me to let people know what's up in my life at the moment.

Luh you too dun. Very Homo.

-Jimmy

October 21, 2010 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home